Results: Third Semifinal in Norway
Yesterday marked the third and last Semifinal in Norway’s Melodi Grand Prix, live from the Idrettssenter in Florø. Eight songs were competing for three spots in next week’s National Final (although one Wildcard winner will be announced on Thursday).
Winning a ticket to the Oslo Spektrum Arena for next week are:
- Petter Øien & Bobby Bare – “Things Change” (Bobby is a veteran singer on the American Country scene, while Petter is the lead singer for Sie Gubba, who came in 4th place during last year’s MGP with “Alt du vil ha“.)
- Tooji – “Stay”
- Yaseen & Julie Maria – “Sammen”
Missing out this week, but still in the running for the Wildcard pass to the Final, are:
- Marthe Valle – “Si“
- Håvard Lothe Band – “The Greatest Day“
- Silya Nymoen – “Euphoria“
- The Canoes – “Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time“
- Lise Karlsnes – “Sailors“
So, it looks like we’ll have a pretty diverse final next week in Oslo. We’ve got at least two songs in Norwegian, a smattering of country, some teen-pop, a bit of traditional schlager, a ballad, and some metal…and we still have one more song to be determined! Who stands out for you?