Preview: Ireland’s Eurosong 2013
This Friday evening, on RTÉ’s The Late Late Show, the next name in Eurovision 2013’s roster will be set in stone. It will be a tough job to follow two years’ worth of Jedwardian goodness, but five acts, each under the guidance of an experienced mentor, are up for the challenge. Who will go to Eurovision, and potentially bring home Ireland’s eighth title?
The winner will be selected via a 50/50 public televote/regional jury split. This year’s contenders are:
- Kasey – “Kiss Me There” (mentored by radio presenter Mairead Farrell)
- Inchequin – “Son Kez/The Last Time” (mentored by songwriter Shay Healy)
- Aimée Fitzpatrick – “Crashing Down” (mentored by radio presenter Mark McCabe)
- Zoe Alexis Bohorquez – “Fire” (mentored by songwriter Niall Mooney)
- Ryan Dolan – “Only Love Survives” (mentored by producer and choreographer Stuart O’Connor)
Posted on February 21, '13, in 2013, Ireland and tagged aimee fitzpatrick, eurovision, inchequin, ireland, kasey, late late show, rte, ryan dolan, zoe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment