Preview: National Final in Malta
Tonight at 20:45 CET, live from the Malta Fairs and Convention Centre in Ta’Qali, broadcaster PBS will bring us the Finals of the Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2014. Still riding emotionally high from the victory of Gaia Cauchi at JESC, will this past winner’s luck rub off on the grown-ups?
The contenders for tonight’s trophy are:
- Christabelle – “Love-Tricity“
- Wayne William – “Some Kind of Wonderful“
- Davinia – “Brand New Day“
- Ryan Paul Abela – “City Lady“
- Franklin – “Love Will Take Me Home“
- Daniel Testa – “One Last Ride“
- Sophie – “Let The Sunshine In“
- Chris Grech – “Oblivion“
- Deborah C – “Until We Meet Again“
- Jessika – “Hypnotica“
- Pamela – “Take Me“
- Firelight – “Coming Home“
- Amber – “Because I Have You“
- De Bee – “Pin The Middle“
Six other entries were eliminated last night, including the only songs performed by Eurovision alums: Fabrizio Faniell0 (2001 and 2006) and Miriam Christine (1996). That doesn’t mean we’re not seeing an assortment of familiar faces, of course…Daniel Testa represented the country at Junior Eurovision 2008, coming in 4th place with “Junior Swing“. Looking at everybody else on the roster, it seems that the lion’s share has participated at MESC in the past.
We can also look forward to performances by Emmelie deForest, Switzerland’s Sebalter, reigning JESC champion Gaia Cauchi, and a number of local acts, including Gorg u Pawlu (creators of the unforgettable “Hot and Famous“).
The show starts at 20:45 CET, and will be streamed live via Eurovision.tv.
Posted on February 8, '14, in 2014, Malta and tagged eurovision, Gaia Cauchi, JESC, malta, Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2014. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment